Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Roasted Chicken with Beets, Onions and Carrots


I probably make roasted chicken almost every week in the cold months. It's the easiest thing in the world and so satisfying. And variable. And economical. Our supermarket carries all natural, free-range chicken at a sensible price. Many other cuts of meat are not so sensible. In fact, downright crazy! But, I digress.

Just put your split breasts in a roasting pan with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and some herbs. Rosemary and thyme are always nice. Today I used tarragon and lots of fresh lemon juice. I added to the pan quartered beets, onions and chopped carrots. Put it in the oven at 375 for an hour. Baste the whole shebang once or twice. I served this with boiled potatoes tossed with butter. I would have roasted the potatoes but didn't have room in the pan. 


I will admit, for those of us who work and get home starving this might not jive. But certainly you can do this on the weekend. Of course, you know how to do this. I don't even need to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment