Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dried Fruits, Nuts and Grains


Yesterday, I splurged at the store. Another plus of this new sugar-less regime is indulging myself with really great food. There were dried fruits: raisins, currants, figs and coconut (yes, a fruit!). You still have to look at ingredients though, many dried fruits have added sugar, coconut being one of them. Then there were nuts because they are so satisfying. I'm partial to almonds, so I bought a bunch of those. And lots of oats, and some grainy kinds of things because I pulled my poor old sourdough starter from the fridge where it was languishing in hopes of baking much, much more bread.

When I start eating like this, I wonder: what the heck have I been eating? Of course, I can just go back in the blog and see. You'll maybe notice that things look differently on here. Along with all the rest of the revamps, I have rejiggered things here as well. (Can you believe that "rejiggered" is actually a word? It is!) I'm really liking the change. I've been meaning to for a while, but it seems like Blogger made it happen so easily by allowing me a new template. Things are feeling better here already!

4 comments:

  1. i love it! and i love that you are going for the gusto again this jan. and cooking bookz and all sorts of fun things. go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tigress! I'm feeling very invigorated all of a sudden and I'm going with it. Dammit! ; )

      Delete
  2. At first I thought I was on the wrong page! It looks great though! Good for you on the sugarless challenge - I'll be cheering from the sidelines. I know myself too well to try and give up the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you didn't navigate away! Thank you for the cheering--I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

      Delete